Surviving the winter on a college campus has been a bit different than driving to high school. A majority of my classes were on the other side of campus, a 15 minute walk in the freezing cold each morning. I definitely wasn’t prepared. So here’s my list of five pieces to invest in for next winter season. And hey, if you start now they may already be on sale!
1. The Parka- Preferably in a longer length, the cutest most comfortable coat of the season is arguably the parka. Since it’s big, it’s perfect for layering because you can wear so many things underneath! But if you don’t want to layer, the parka will also provide the warmth you need. I wore a lot of old sweatshirts under my coats this year as I was pretty unprepared for all the snow we received.
2. The Heeled Ankle Bootie- If any of you, like me, follow the life of Eva Chen (Editor-in-Chief of Lucky Magazine) on Instagram then you’ve seen the adorable array of winter booties she wears to work. Her backseat-of-a-taxi snapshots are always on point with an apple in tow. She even wore her booties in the snow! She inspires me to be adventurous during the winter months even when the temperatures could freeze one’s ass off.
3. The Chunky Cardigan- Everyone has one, from sorority sisters to hipsters, the chunky cardigan comes in all colors and patterns. It’s paired with leggings, skirts and shorts. I never got around to buying one, but I sure hope you did! There are so many different looks to create just with this one cardigan.
4. The Space Boots- These boots make the list for being both functional and funky. As the snow and ice came down in my state and made traveling across campus quite slippery and wet, these boots would have been great to have. A lot of girls were seen wearing Hunter boots or L.L. Bean, but I think that this style is just so much better. Emphasis on that “snow bunny” of the ski slopes look.
5. The Pompom Beanie- It’s just the girlier version of your average beanie. Enough said.